Sunday 15 September 2013

A walk on the pastoral side

I'm so excited!!
I'm a form tutor this year at college as well as teaching ESOL to the 6th formers and adults. This is the first time I've done any pastoral work for 12 years so it will be a different challenge and I am definitely up for that.
I've had 2 sessions with my form already and started to get to know them a little. I have 21 Level 2 students, of whom approximately half are from overseas and taking ESOL. I have already had 1-1 sessions with a couple who are going to need a lot of monitoring and spent a good deal of time sorting out their timetable issues. Hopefully if I get it right now at the start of the year, I'll set up high expectations for the rest of the year.
Of course, data protection concerns means I cannot name any young person here, so I apologise now if "one boy" and "another boy" is stylistically a bit cumbersome to read.
Any experience and suggestions will be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment